Thanks to everyone who came out for story night! About 50 people came out to hear our two spirited speakers who filled the evening with tales of Emigsville past. Thanks to Otterbein for the use of their sanctuary.
Look for sound files on this website in the near future in case you missed the evening.
- A tale of an Emigsville child during the Civil War
- Lincoln’s funeral train passed through Emigsville
- In the 1830’s a canal along the Codorus could take you to the Susquehanna…from there you could buy a ticket for Paris, France via boat
- How is Hayshire pronounced
- North George Street once crossed busy double railroad tracks and headed to Manchester up the Liverpool Turnpike. The current roadway was once just a right-of-way for the trolley
If you have Emigsville news, events or pictures that you would like to see on this site email me at email@example.com or use the â€œcommentâ€ link at the bottom of each page to share a public comment about this posting.