Nine years of meticulous work.
An undying quest for perfection.
That’s the formula local artisans followed to restore a 1930 Waco open cockpit biplane, originally built in Troy, Ohio.
The result garnered a grand champion award in the antique category at a prestigious show in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
Under the direction of Joe Kaminskas of Biglerville, the plane’s owner, John Shue and his son, Scott Shue, both of Emigsville, spent nearly a decade restoring the plane.
The award at left reads, “Progress and quality are inseparable” (Charles Lindbergh 1948)